Friday, April 3, 2009

I Hate Vacation, But At Least I'm Not Shot

GAHHH! My proofreader left for vacation and took my manuscript with her! While I'm not concerned about the manuscript itself, this means that it will be days and days before I get the feedback that I need and crave!

Oh, well. At least no one I know was involved in today's shooting.

I live in the Binghamton area. I was just a few blocks from the location of the civic center shooting that's on the news while running errands this morning. A friend of mine is taking some classes at Ridley Lowell across the street, and lives just two blocks away. I drove by there on my way to an anniversary breakfast for work last Thursday, March 26th. I ate eggs perhaps a hundred yards from where those poor people were shot.

Life is just flat out weird, sometimes. For me, even though I live so close to this tragedy, it just seems like another shooting on the news. It's hard be be emotional about something that hasn't really effected me. I'm more worried about my AWOL proofreader than the outcome of what's going on in downtown.

Such thoughts leave me worried about the health of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment