Monday, April 6, 2009

Back in Business

My proofreeder is back from her vacation in Atlantic City. She didn't take the manuscript with her, but she has read some and liked what she's read so far.

WHEW!!!

My big concern with this story was right at the front end. My original thought was to add in this really outrageous situation to try and sell my Deus Ex Machina. I liked it when I wrote the story, and I liked it all the time it was marinating in my drawer. It was only when I got it out and read it again with fresh eyes that it seemed a little over the top. The fact that she likes it enough to not be put off by the oddity of it soothes my fragile nerves.

On a more frustrating note, Reluctant Press didn't reply to the automated form I sent requesting a contact. I'm going to have to E-mail them directly and hope for a response.

No comments:

Post a Comment