Sunday, April 12, 2009

Morph It!

I forgot to post before now about a breakthrough of sorts that occurred last week. I was fooling around with Morpheus - the software I use to make morphs - and discovered by accident that I could load a recently edited / cropped video file made with Virtual Dub. With that discovery, I now have the power to make the files I need to do video morphing!

As if that wasn't exciting enough, the next day, I found software (RAD Video Tools) that lets me convert .MOV files to .AVI files. This means I can shoot short video clips on my cell phone, move them to my computer using a micro SD card, convert them from Quicktime to WMV (Windows Media Video, for those not in the know) and then do a video morph using footage I've made myself.

As a test, I found some footage online that I'm going to work on over the next few days / weeks / months. The source video is an audition tape for runway models. It has many different models, both male and female, doing the same walk against a neutral, white background. I chose a male and a female model that were dressed somewhat similarly and made two shorter videos using Virtual Dub, one for each model. I loaded them into Morpheus and now have a nice crossfade with no morphing of the man into the woman. I expect a nice result once I've had a chance to begin the real work of getting the morph set up.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment